- FLAMSTONE NORTH WEATHER STATION - Altitude 520' - Latitude 51.05N - 1.91W
- The Davis Vantage Pro Station was installed February 2014.
- Rainfall figures for Flamstone are from 1951. (See Rainfall 1951-20xx tab)
- Wind speeds from WSW will read lower than actual, as the station is sheltered from this direction.
- The site was changed from http to https 04-06-19, the security certificate for the site was issued by IONOS.
- On still mornings temperature at the station can be several degrees higher than in the valley, the air at higher elevations becomes heavier and sinks as the night wears on, pooling in the lowest elevation.
A second weather station installed at Flamstone Farm . . . 22 Aug 2022 . . . 'Davis Vantage Vue' . . . named . . . FLAMSTONE SOUTH.
Weather Lore and quotes:
Some traditional Weather Lore; some Old Wives Tales; some factual; some lines from poems and a few quotes that are amusing.
A seven-day forecast can accurately predict the weather about 80 percent of the time and a
five-day forecast can accurately predict the weather approximately 90 percent of the time.
However, a 10-day—or longer—forecast is only right about half the time.
A few quotes directly contradict previous quotes.
(One of them will be correct, so they are still on a par with a 10 day plus forecasts.)
Occasionally automatic updates fail, data is also recorded manually so corrections will be made asap.
All data and forecasts on this website are provided merely for interest, and the information provided should not be used to make potentially life-threatening decisions or other such activities.